We offer Before-Care beginning at 6:45 a.m. until 7:30 a.m.
Ss. Simon & Jude School Aftercare Program
SAFEGUARD YOUR CHILD
At dismissal time, we are concerned about the safety of our students.
- We will expect your child to come directly to the school library.
- We will expect you to notify us by note or phone when your child is being picked up at 2:45 p.m. or earlier and will not be attending the after-school program.
- We will be with your child at all times.
- The children will go on bathroom breaks in groups accompanied by an adult who will check out the restrooms before the children go in.
- We are certified in CPR and First Aid.
- WE WILL RELEASE YOUR CHILD ONLY TO AN AUTHORIZED ADULT WHOSE SIGNATURE IS ON FILE, AND WE REQUIRE IDENTIFICATION ON SITE.
SUPERVISE AND ASSIST WITH HOMEWORK
We are the teachers.
- We will encourage good study habits.
- We will help your child figure out what she/he does not understand.
- We will honor your request for completion of homework (if possible) before your child goes to other activities.
- Generally, homework time will be 30 to 45 minutes.
- Extra assistance with homework will be given when needed.
TEACH SOCIAL SKILLS
Basic social skills are the oil that lessens friction.
- We will encourage good manners.
- We will utilize the Discipline With Purpose system that is in effect in the school.
OFFER ENRICHMENT ACTIVITIES
Activities will be “free choice” for the teachers. Possible choices are:
- Board Games
- Mind Games
- Physical Games
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO AMEND THE PROGRAM AT ANY TIME.
We offer the Ss. Simon & Jude After-School Enrichment program only to the students of Ss. Simon & Jude School in grades Pre-K-6. We are licensed by the State of Arizona Department of Health Services. The Administrator is Sr. Raphael Quinn, and the Director is Lynne Wyse. Please address all inquiries, messages, and payments to Mrs. Wyse. The supervisor, teachers, and aides are all personnel of the school who have been screened by Sr. Raphael, and are authorized by her to work in the program.
You may choose one of three options for your child: FULL-TIME, STUDY SKILL ENHANCEMENT, and DROP-IN. Whichever option you choose when you enroll your child, you can change it at the end of the designated pay period. We expect parents to use this change of options judiciously and not frequently. An abuse of this privilege will result in a return to the original option you chose at the time of enrollment, with its respective pay schedule. Parents are required to submit a written statement of withdrawal from the program in order for their child(ren) to be removed from the roster.
Field Trips will not be offered to students participating in any of the three options. Transportation is not available to and from the facilities. The program is covered under liability insurance.