The Diocese of Phoenix requires all volunteers at the school or church to attend a Safe Environment Training class regarding its Policy and Procedures for the Protection of Minors. Classes are held throughout the year and are advertised in the parish bulletin and weekly Principal’s Newsletter.
The following is for Diocesan personnel and volunteers in their ministerial relationships with children, youth, and vulnerable adults.
Employees and volunteers while working in their scope of ministry shall:
- Abide by the Diocese of Phoenix Policy and Procedures for the Protection of Minors
- Exhibit the highest Christian ethical standards and personal integrity
- Conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with the discipline, norms, and teachings of the Catholic Church
- Provide a professional environment that is free from all forms of abuse including intimidation and harassment
- Accept personal responsibility to protect all minors and adults from all forms of abuse
- Report concerns about boundary violations or other questionable behaviors and circumstances with the program supervisor, pastor or principal
- Report promptly, in accordance with the law of the State of Arizona and policies of the Diocese of Phoenix, any suspected abuse or neglect of a minor
- Call the Office of Youth and Child Protection for clarification when in doubt of policy or procedure