Ss. Simon & Jude School

  • 602.242.1299
  • Email Us | Map & Directions

Capital Campaign

“Proud of Our Past – Committed to Our Future”

A Four Phase Campaign for Campus Improvements

  • Phase One – Construction of Our Lady of Loreto Center (completed 9/2010)
  • Phase Two – Remodeling of all original classrooms (completed 7/2011)
  • Phase Three – Remodeling of library/computer space and Religious Education Offices (completed 8/2013)
  • Phase Four – Relocation of School Administration Offices to the front of campus (completed 9/2017)

Phase One
Completed September, 2010

Our Lady of Loreto Center – 22,000 square ft. facility using ICF (insulated concrete forms) construction which is considerably more energy efficient. The thermal resistance (R-values) are considerably higher than industry standards and reduce HVAC costs as much as 40%.

  • Gymatorium (combination gymnasium/auditorium)
  • (2) 6th, 7th and 8th grade classrooms
  • State of the art Science Lab
  • Physical Education offices
  • Men and Women’s restrooms
  • Snack bar

phase1-1
phase1-2

phase1-4

Phase Two
Completed July, 2011

The Virginia G. Piper Foundation awarded the Diocese of Phoenix a large grant and SS. Simon & Jude received a significant portion of those monies. We used the monies primarily to renovate all of our existing classrooms. They received new paint, new carpet, dual pane windows, ceiling tile, blinds, ceiling fans, cabinets and LED lighting. (LED lights are 300% more efficient than traditional lighting and have a very long life, about 50,000 hours of use) Monies were also used to install fiber optics/wireless throughout the campus and remodel restrooms in our cafeteria.

phase2-1

Phase Three
Completed September, 2013

This third phase (approximate cost of $500,000) was completed August, 2013. This 5,000 square ft. facility’s interior was completely transformed and now houses a completely remodeled library/computer space, small conference room and religious education offices. The library space includes both PC and Apple computers, a story time area for the younger children and a collaborative learning space for the older grades

phase3-1

IMG_1313

Phase Four
Completed September, 2017

The fourth and final phase moved the existing school offices and centralized additional administrative personnel to the first floor, and added four additional classrooms to the second floor. The building is located at the front of the campus and provides a single point of entry to our school and creates a more secure campus which was something greatly desired by our school community. The cost of this phase was $2.5 million and fundraising is still in progress.  The kick-off to this final phase was provided by our Grand Breakfast held in 2013 which raised $300,000.

If you would like to contribute to this fourth and final phase of our Capital Campaign, please follow this link or call Mary Jo Wahlers in the Development Office at 602-242-1300 x149.