One of the highlights of Fifth Grade at SSJ is that the students get to participate in Junior Achievement BizTown. Junior Achievement BizTown® is a learning experience that teaches students economic concepts, workplace skills, and personal and business finances in a student-sized town built just for them. The teacher- led curriculum enhances student understanding of work ethic, economics, leadership, and teamwork. JA BizTown combines in-classroom learning with real world application. During the in-classroom lessons, the students create a business plan, calculate operating costs, explore career options, and design a marketing campaign.
During a town simulation the students:
* Work as an employee on a business team
* Price the goods and services they sell
* Become consumers and producers within a functioning economy
* Manage personal finances
* Practice responsible citizenship by voting and paying taxes
* Implement a marketing campaign for their business
The students discuss strategy behind pricing, inventory, marketing and selling products to generate revenue. All student business groups work towards the common goal of paying off a business loan by the end of the day.
Here are some pictures of our 5th graders enjoying their day at BizTown today!!