Ss. Simon & Jude Cathedral School is blessed to have a full-time Registered Nurse on staff. The primary focus of the school nurse is the health and safety of our students and staff.
- Maintains a Health and Immunization Record on every student.
- Provides care for injuries and illness.
- Maintains attendance and tardy records on every student.
- Administers medications daily and on an as needed basis including inhaler, breathing treatments.
- Conduct screenings such as Hearing, Vision, Heights and Weights, reports findings and follows up on results.
- Teaches Human Sexuality class to the 5th grade girls.
- Conducts a yearly In-Service for the teachers and staff on Blood Borne Pathogens.
- Conferences with parents on health issues that students are facing.
- Completes and files with the state required Immunization and Hearing Reports yearly.
- Has Automated External Defibrillator (AED) in the Nurse’s office.
- Provides TLC for ALL.
Ss. Simon and Jude Catholic School is committed to providing a school environment that promotes and protects children’s health, well-being and the ability to learn by supporting healthy eating and physical activities. The link between nutrition and learning is well documented. Healthy eating patterns are essential for students to achieve their full academic potential, physical and mental grown and lifelong health and well-being. The purpose of this policy is to offer students the tools and knowledge necessary to make healthy choices for their body.