Mrs. Wendy Treon
Meet our school counselor…
- BA in Psychology – University of Redlands
- MS in Marital and Family Therapy – Loma Linda University
- Certificate in Guidance Counseling – Ottawa University
- Ed.D in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Behavioral Health (in progress)
- State certified Guidance Counselor – Pre-K – 12th Grade
- Member of the Arizona State School Counselors Association
- Previously licensed as a mental health professional (LMHP) in the State of Nebraska
- Student Council Moderator
- 8th Grade Girls Volleyball Coach
BIO: I was raised in Arizona, attending Most Holy Trinity for elementary school and Sunnyslope for high school. I have been the counselor at SSJ since 2007. Prior to working in the schools, I was a therapist at Catholic Charities in both California and Nebraska. As the school counselor, I can assist with a variety of situations, whether it be academic concerns, emotional/behavioral issues, transitions in the home life, or peer related issues. I can also serve as a consultant and assist teachers and parents in developing strategies to help students be successful in and out of the classroom. I am available to meet with students weekly, monthly, or on an as-needed basis. Sometimes students just need a sounding board – they can pop in whenever they feel the need to chat.
I have been married to Bobby Treon, an SSJ alum (Class of ’93), since 2003 and we have a son Matthew who now attends SSJ.
I am here to support the SSJ Community in any way that I can. Do not hesitate to call me at 602-242-1299 x157, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.